its true, just RDWHAHB

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BA_from_GA

Reaction score
just cracked open the first bottle of a AHS belgian wit i made at SWMBO's request. had a WAY fruity bubble gum flavor half way through fermentation (tasted hydrometer sample), but after an extra 2 weeks in the primary, and just 10 days in the bottle it's quite good, even though wheat beers aren't my favorite.

I was convinced this would be the first batch i'd end up dumping.

During fermentation yeast produce compounds which they consume later after the easy fermentables are gone or in some cases which offgas (H2S from lager strains -- rotten egg smell). Every Belgian strain I have used kicks off a lot of bubblegum smells during fermentation but the bubblegum is always gone after attenuation.

The best way to always RDWHAHB is to pitch plenty of healthy yeast from a good sized starter, use yeast nutrient in the boil, oxygenate the wort well, and maintain healthy ferment temps. You will be rewarded with a vigorous fermentation which will complete in 3-5 days. No worries then...

You already drinking those BA?

Can't keep your hands off the young'ns can you?

And blaming it on the poor star?!

Did you try that hobgoblin extract yet?

yeah, i get a little anxious. Just opened one to see how it was since i was worried about this batch. Didn't even put any more than that in the fridge.

i did drink the hobgoblin extract, and wow, what a difference from the AG. Still not bad at all, but the AG was way smoother and easier drinking. If i didn't now they were supposed to be clones of the same beer I'd have never guessed it. Definitely still had similar flavors, but just a different complexity.

Latest posts

Back