Looking for a Clone Kit / Negra Modelo

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moose28

Reaction score
Does anyone know of a clone extract kit to make a Negra Modelo? I'd like to take a swiing at this one next. I'm a beginner and just started drinking my first brew, a Brown Ale. It worked out so well I'm already thinking about what will be next.

I could be wrong but I think Negra Modelo is a Munich Dunkel-style lager, you might want to look for that style kit but I don't know of an exact one that replicates it.

+1 on the AHS clone kit. I have not brewed it but the other two Extract kits that I have from AHS have been very very good.

The only complaint I have about AHS is those damn foam peanuts they use for packaging. They get everywhere, the dog gets sick from eating them and my 3 yr. old son likes to crush them up everywhere. Other than that, no problems.;)

I've been reading a bit on dealing with a lager. I've got a cool basement and an empty fridge that I can use to get the temp. down. If I run into trouble I'll be firing out more questions. Again thanks to all for the help.

If you buy that kit and plan to use dry yeast, you might want to replace the S-23 with two packs of W-34/70.

Back