Kegged on top of StarSan?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgeofblade

Reaction score
I was watching one of CraigTube's videos on kegging, and I saw what I thought was the strangest things. He said there was still some StarSan foam in the bottom of the keg... and he filled right onto it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/CraigTube#p/u/45/S1dwBC-gKc8[/ame]

Would that harm the beer, or do I not understand what "no-rinse" means?

StarSan is a no rinse sanitizer and it means what it says. You don’t' rinse it off. And what you see in the video is absolutely fine. Couple of times I've primed my racking cane with StarSan and just started the siphon. Did not hurt the brew one bit.

StarSan is a no rinse sanitizer and it means what it says. You don’t' rinse it off. And what you see in the video is absolutely fine. Couple of times I've primed my racking cane with StarSan and just started the siphon. Did not hurt the brew one bit.

I do this all the time.

Starsan is only effective when it is acidic, the beer moves it out of the active range and makes it inert as soon as it mixes.

VB

I racked 10G of beer onto 2 gallons of starsan solution once. It was a very light blonde ale. It still tasted as good as the previous batches of the same recipes.

Back