add me to the list!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Reaction score
this sunday i did my first all-grain, just happened to be my first time doing a full boil and using a wort chiller, but those last two i wasn't to worried about haha.

i did an AHS American IPA 1, the gravity before pitching the yeast was 1.06, i think my beersmith said 1.062 should be the OG, so i was pretty happy.

i didnt want to get to far away from the directions supplied, my mash temp was a little high, they called for 150, i think i was around 153-155.

hopefully all comes out well, it was a very rewarding experience

Good job! Welcome to the club. I'm new to the club also got 3 AG's under my belt and working on the 4th one soon. It will only get better.:D

Heya welcome to the new world of all-grain. Now it will be even easier to confuse you with Evan! ;)

Your slightly higher mash temps shouldn't hurt anything, your beer may come out with slightly more body than was intended, but probably nothing noticeable at all.

Back