• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Plastic 13.5 Gallon HPDE 2 Fermenter/Grain Storage Barrels

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coff

Reaction score
I bought a few of these from and HBT member a few months ago and really dont have a use for them anymore. They are perfect for grain storage, fit an entire 55lb sack, and can be used as a primary fermentor.

However, the lids are not airtight as is but if youre only going to primary in them for 10-14 days its not a problem at all. Ive used one 3-4 times without issue. Some people have put their own rubber gasket on the underside of the lid then drilled a hole for a grommet and airlock and got a seal, I didnt bother doing that with mine.

I have 3 but only need the one for grain storage, so 2 of these are for sale. I'll let them go for $15+ shipping, obviously local Philly pick up is free. I think I can ship these from work for about 10-$15 so for that price I think its pretty solid for the buyer. The barrels are about 13.5 gallons, are HDPE 2 plastic, have a screw top lid and an internal snap in lid, and weight about 7 lbs empty.

The 2 barrels for sale have not been used but have been cleaned thoroughly with a hot oxiclean soak and have no noticeable odors. I only ever used these 2 for grain storage not to ferment in like the one I am keeping.

Now some photos.

669ed7a4.jpg

5aaed8a3.jpg

918d178c.jpg

Latest posts

Back