Home bar with beer and soda

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goblism

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I am starting to work on finishing my basement and I have been putting a lot of thought into how I am going to do my bar. I am currently planning on doing a 4-5 tower tap out of a 15 cubic foot freezer that will be built into the bar with a flip up top for replacing kegs. I have been putting a lot of thought into adding a post mix soda setup as well but not sure if I want to put all of the investment into a carbonator/chill plate for the system.

What I am wondering is if I could just fill a keg or two (spare for when the first one runs out) or water and carb it, then just run a line directly from my corny keg to my soda gun. I could then run the syrup lines from the post mix boxes to my soda gun and end up having 3-5 flavors of soda while only using up 2 kegs in my keezer. My current freezer I am planning on using will hold 8 ball lock kegs, so that would leave room for 6 beer kegs if I use 2 corny kegs for water.

Just wondering if this would work or not. I tried searching quite a bit, but as far as I can tell it should work.
Mike

Don't you need a pump of some sort in between the box and the gun? Maybe that was implied in your setup and I just missed it.

I would have a pump on each box to pump the syrup to the bar gun.

Just wondering if a corny keg in a keezer could replace a carbonator and chill plate, essentially a different source for the seltzer water

I just go with the carbonated water tap + selection of syrups in bottles.

I have thought about doing the bottle way, but I think I would prefer just to have it all setup so that you grab the bar gun and thats it. I am figuring the cost of 3 different sodas would be around $200 ($35/pump, $75 for gun, $20 for tubing)

Back