What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Full steam IPA from Durham, NC on tap at Fortnight Brewery in Cary with pimento cheese bites and jalapeno Mac and cheese poppers from Olio & Aceto food truck.

1400364615905.jpg

Yeah, the difference between 6 & 8 seems to be more than 2 years :).

I'm sure it will seem like tomorrow and I'll be playing the FPS games with him. For now it's more about the cartoon games.

Yeah, the difference between 6 & 8 seems to be more than 2 years :).

I'm sure it will seem like tomorrow and I'll be playing the FPS games with him. For now it's more about the cartoon games.

With my 5 (nearly 6) year old, it's Disney Princesses on Wii...brutal.

Still working on El Rojo.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

Santa fe imperial smoked ba stout. Exclusive to kc. After winning 3rd in ipa at my first hb competition! !!! So stoked!! :D especially since 1guy won everything else including 1st and 2nd in multiple categories

Santa fe imperial smoked ba stout. Exclusive to kc. After winning 3rd in ipa at my first hb competition! !!! So stoked!! :D especially since 1guy won everything else including 1st and 2nd in multiple categories

Good job. I'd love to brew something of that caliber. One day...

Awesome job. I've entered 2 competitions. Never won anything.

Better send me a sample of yours to confirm how good it is. :)

IPA sample and vanilla porter which is a clone of Double Barley's Thrilla in Vanilla. A mild near success.

View attachment 200068

From what you sent me (small sample size) I think your strength is darker beers. The coconut porter ( or was it a stout?) was very good.

What ya brew? I know the feeling as I did a flanders last week:mug:

I have the grainbill for a Flanders right now...if just for the time to brew.

Congrats! I feel you. I just got back from stewarding from our big local comp... 2ND for a cider, and first _or a speciality beer! WOOT! Even made it to the top 10 on the BOS table.

And what do I do? Crack a growler of session pale!

1400368171444.jpg

Another pour of my vanilla porter. Cab will be picking me up tonight for my beer tasting.

From what you sent me (small sample size) I think your strength is darker beers. The coconut porter ( or was it a stout?) was very good.

Thank you. That's very kind.

It doesn't qualify as either a Belgian or a session imo

I'd agree. I just drink the **** since I'm smacked anyway.

The dilemma I have right now is who's gonna watch my guns next week?

Thank you. That's very kind.

Your chocolate stout was good too! I'm enjoying one of your Honey Orange Hefeweizens at the moment and it's very nice! Banana up front, a little spice in there and the finish has a sweetness to it. I don't know that I pick up orange, per se, but it's probably blending with the sweetness of the honey. A more sophisticated palate could likely give you a better breakdown, but the beer is quite good!

How was that IPA sample? ;o)

DSC04722.jpg

I like hopsicle better than moylans DIPA. The hopsicle is a more unique beer. It also has a lot of good hop aroma and flavor yet is sweet and not very bitter. The 10% ABV is masked well in this beer, which makes it dangerously delicious. A little pricey up my way, I think is about 10 or 11 bucks for a 22 oz bottle.

Sixpoint's The Crisp. Wonderful lager. Stone fruit, good mouthfeel, delicious lingering bitterness.

On PBR #2 and have to go out and get pictures with the kids. When I get home I'm getting into some Bulleit Rye and gonna grab one of the spendy stogies out of the "fancy" humidor.

Wow...this is TOTALLY a gulp of toffee! It is quite sweet, so I wouldn't recommend it to everyone. But if you like sticky toffee pudding or just toffee, you are going to know this flavor. Interesting.

Oh, and I planted my first hop plant today...a Cascade. And I have a couple of Nuggets on the way, too.

DSC04723.jpg

IMAG2969_1.jpg

Not sure. The wife asked if she could get me some beer at Trader Joes. I said yes get me the craziest one you can find something you never seen before. I like to drink outside the box.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Grumpy Horse is a little bitter about being too old to run in The Preakness today. Drowning it in Nugget Nectar. For God's sake, don't mention the word "glue", he's liable to pull a gun!

IMAG2974_1.jpg

Latest posts

Back