lost track of time I've been holding on to grains and malt extract

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STLExpat

Reaction score
Due to poor time management and lack of knowledge, I'm got a suspicion some of my stuff may be bad. What is the maximum amount of time you guys have gone with storing extract and grains without a problem? I've had the grains in the fridge for the past 4-5 weeks, none have been opened, the liquid malt extract came in a double sealed bag as part of a recipe kit I've had for close to three weeks and didn't think to put it in the fridge before I went on vacation.

I can't imagine you will have any trouble with it. That stuff sits at room temp at the LHBS for months and a time in some cases and its fine.

I've had the grains in the fridge for the past 4-5 weeks, none have been opened, the liquid malt extract came in a double sealed bag as part of a recipe kit I've had for close to three weeks and didn't think to put it in the fridge before I went on vacation.

that stuff is new.

no problem, Ive had extract from B3 in the fridge for almost a year, and crushed grain for over 6 mo. and its all still good. :mug:

Back