Michigan Brewing Company appreciation party!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woot! I'm marking my calendar. Sounds like a good opportunity for an HBT meet-up.

Well, I'm going, but not sure if I'll show up on Friday night or Saturday yet. No luck on a DD, so I will probably have to go easy on the drinking, and maybe just count on filling my keg while I'm there. They got too many great beers to choose from!!

My friend Tim is also going. Beyond that, I am not sure. I should find out if Tim invited any others. I really won't know anyone except him and the guy who works the Things Beer counter (he gave us a real cool tour last time I was there).

Well, I went with a friend and had a pretty good time. (much better than the time I had laying in bed on Sunday watching the Lions lose...)

I brought home a corney of the High Seas IPA. Just need to buy an adapter for the gas to connect my CO2. I actually had a foamy sample last night and it was still very tasty.

I must say that there are some very lovely ladies working there. Lisa Heaney is the marketing director and helped out all over during the party. I believe she is the one to thank.

I wanted to test out the beer garden area, but we got there just before 5:00 and it was starting to get nippy, so we headed back in.

Had a bunch of samplers and a couple of glasses of this and that. Loved the Grand Cru. Maibock and Ryebock not so much, but perhaps on a different day I would have been in the mood.

The IIPA was very good too, but they didn't sell that in kegs or growlers.

I had a bit too much to start with, and I'm a lightweigh as well, so somehow I missed the tours of the brewery, and getting to ask questions, but I've been there before and I highly recommend going to see it and ask questions if you get the chance.

All in all a good time and I think I didn't make myself look like too much of an idiot while drunk.

Back