Boiling water

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use the supermarket brand (pathmark) and never boil it and never have a problem.

I guess my philosophy would be why not? It may not be critical to do so, but it can't hurt, either, and I don't have an implicit trust of the bottling companies.

I use bottled water from grocery store and it always has been good. I always thought that boiled water tastes bad because the minerals in the water are boiled out. Try a glass of bottled water side by side with the same bottled water boiled. It will probably taste not so good.

King of the Swill said:
I use bottled water from grocery store and it always has been good. I always thought that boiled water tastes bad because the minerals in the water are boiled out. Try a glass of bottled water side by side with the same bottled water boiled. It will probably taste not so good.

How would minerals boil out? You'd be boiling out some of the dissolved gasses for sure, but the minerals will stay.

Back