Help with recipe of "found ingredients"

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joecghuy

Reaction score
Have not brewed since the kids. They are older and found some older ingredients. What can I make with 3 lbs dry gold malt extract, 1lb Laaglander light and3.3 lbs amber malt plain liquid. I'll get what ever else I need. Thought this might be a good challenge for some board expert. Also have home grown hops of questionable variety that I'd like to use. Not expecting greatness but wouldn't mind being surprised.

You could brew a variety of things with that. Do you like IPA? That malt could go into an IPA or pale/amber ale or maybe even a porter/stout with the right steeping grains. Tell us what styles you like an we will see if we can get you there.

I would guess that your liquid malt extract is not usable. I brewed a batch with some old liquid extract that the local home brew store had left on the shelf past it's life. The result is ruined beer. Dry malt lasts much longer.
Go to the recipe forum on this site and post this question. You'll get a lot of help there. The "Extract Brewing" forum (here) is largely for the guys brewing kits.

Back