Welchs 100% grape juice wine

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vahallasbrew2

Reaction score
Soo I just emptied a 1/2 gal carboy and I'm ready to start a new batch and instead of buying grapes and mashing them my self can I just het some Welchs and use it instead?

I've only tried welchs wine once when I was in my infancy of home brewing. Brewed it right in the juice bottle with a balloon on top. If memory serves me correct I used bread yeast. It was bad. I still have nightmare over the taste. I may have to try to redeem myself and try it again......with the correct ingredients.

if you used bread yeast and didnt add any sugar im sure it tasted horrible...I have made some and it actually didnt turn out too bad. If you are looking for fine wine go to the liquor store or start growing grapes....you won't get it with concentrate and you shouldnt expect too.

brewing yeast is best, obviously (haha).

My brother (who is insane) did this and then added liquid tannin from the LHBS to taste. It's like manischewitz, and cheap :)

Cool thanks Yooper I'll check out your recipe and thanks everyone for the advice :D.
Cheers vahallasbrew2

Back