South Jersey/Philly/Delaware Group buy!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is an Updated list of what I am in for.

3x CM-2ROW, 1x BD-MOPA, 1x CM-WHET, 1/3(4) Rye, 1/3(4) Munich, 1/3(4) Crystal ( I would also take a 1/3 or 1/4 of honey malt.)

I am near West Chester, PA so I may be able to help some people who are a bit further with pickups.

Count me in too! Thanks!

rtt121: 2x CM-2ROW, 2x BD-MOPA

BAGS SO FAR: 9 (at a minimum, skarude)

Also, I have a place we get get this delivered but its off Route 9 near Atlantic City. Might be a trek for DEL, NNJ, PHL people

Hello, I'm the president of the Gloucester County Homebrewers. Depending on pick up location and date, our club will take at least 8 sacks of US 2 row. Please let me know pick up location so we can commit, and who to pay as well as when to pay. I have no problem paying up front forus as I am a new member here and nobody knows me yet.

I'd be in for 1 bag of CM-Pale Ale.

Also interested in splitting a bag of CM-wheat malt.

I'm in DE.

wow half way there already.

I would probably be interested in some specialty grains on the split as well

lordua, I'd like to pay cash up front if that's not an issue with you. Let me know your plan so I can get it to you. If you have to round and guess, then settle up after delivery that is fine with us.

Depending on the pick up point, I would be in for 2 bags of CM 2row, 2 bags of Bairds MO, 2 bags of FB pils, and 1 bag of CM Wheat. 7 bags total.

defenestrate,

is that 2 or each of those varieties or 2, 1, and 1.

The way I see it we are up to 35 sacks already. W/O specialties.

Brewhoperator, if it does work out that it ends up AC. I would be willing to meet you on the jersey side of the delaware.

As of now we don't have one. I offered my place of work which is just inland from AC. I assume the OP is going to manage this, so I was waiting to hear back from him to confirm.

This location does not have a "loading dock" so it will tack on an extra $75. For a truck with a lift. Unless of course someone does have a loading dock.

I would think so, the way it looks to me is 42 sacks is the maximum they can fit on a pallet. I tried calling, but they aren't there on Saturdays. I assume that if we get 41 sacks there is plenty of room for a bunch of hops.

Thanks for all the interest!
I'll update the thread and reply to all the PM's when I get on a computer.
To hard to update from my phone!

defenestrate I would be up for splitting the 4 grains you mentioned if we can find one or 2 more people interested.

I would also take a full sack of CM-WHEAT added to the sacks I originally mentioned. (1x CM-2ROW & 1x BD-MOPA)

I'm still trying to work out a delivery spot with a loading dock so we can all avoid the increase in price. There may be a few options that i'm looking in to but if anyone knows a good spot, let me know! Even in its at the end of jersey... i wont mind lugging some sacks back up for the philly guys.

Looks like we are up to 33 bags so far with a few pounds of hops!

twoodward15, thanks for jumping in on this. Are those 9 bags all CM-2ROW?

I have updated my first post with everything I am in for including 1/3 each of rye, munich, and crystal to be split with rtt121, and defenestrate.

yep, cm 2 row is fine. if there's room for one more sack then I'll take a sack of TF marris otter, if not, then I'll take 8 2 row and one MO. Also, when, where, and who do I pay?

yep, cm 2 row is fine. if there's room for one more sack then I'll take a sack of TF marris otter, if not, then I'll take 8 2 row and one MO. Also, when, where, and who do I pay?

As soon as the pallet is full and we have a delivery spot, i'll get the price quote from NCM and start collecting payment. Filling the pallet seems to have been the easy part! Im working on a few options for delivery and should have an update by tomorrow. In the mean time, if anyone has a loading dock, please let me know.

Brewhoperator, if it does work out that it ends up AC. I would be willing to meet you on the jersey side of the delaware.

rtt121 - Thank you for the offer. As long as you you have the room and it does not put you out, I would like to take you up on it. i will give you gas money for your assistance.

I dont know how the hops works, but if there is room ill throw a pound of goldings and a pound of fuggles

i dont think we are full yet... might as well post up what you want anyways.

OK, thanks. If there is anymore room I'l take: 2x cm row, 1x BD MOPA, 1x CM PIls. Anyone know for sure where delivery will be? I just wanna make sure I would not have to drive too far.

Updated the first post.

I'll find out tomorrow for sure about the delivery spot and i'll post from my phone to keep you guys updated.

Ty5592, the last 4 bags are still pending on someone's reply. If the person decides not to take them, i'll add you to the order.

From someone that has some experience with club/group buys over the years..

Hopefully the delivery will be close to the middle of the orders for you guys.

Twice to three times a year could bring cheap prices for base malts to your area.

You brewers trying to split sacks need to designate who will receive the whole sack then you split it from there. Dropped Pick-ups, normally will not allow you a place to divide it up(parking lot) unless someone receiving the drop, decides to allow it (private property). Then you need a scale and heavy duty separate bags handy to do this quickly on-site.

Stragglers must have someone pickup their slack, or the receiver must absorb the left-overs until claimed. This sometimes can be a problem.

Sometimes they (NCMG) wiill allow you to throw some extra hop poundage into the order 42 bags max (depends on the shipping company they are using). Wait until you speak directly with a sales agent.

The best way to expedite this quickly is with money orders, cash, or pay-pal with the buyer picking up the charge for receiving money using Pay-Pal.

Personal checks, especially out of state checks take some time to clear. In some situations this can change pricing.

No Orders should be finalized until all monies clear at the receipients bank!

Just some food for thought.

I'd also be down for a couple sacks if this has a chance of coming more towards philly metro or someone's willing to haul.

Back