Newbie keg question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KayaBrew

Reaction score
I'm wanting to keg my beer on the cheap. I have a Corny, and my question is this: can I carbonate the beer naturally in the keg with DME or whatever and then just use this https://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=1197&wishlistattributes={159}36{158}587. Do the same rules apply for natural carbing in the keg (3 weeks at 70F)? What else do I need to know regarding this setup?

You CAN, but once you have dispensed some beer, you will have no way of regulating the pressure, so if it isn't drank all in a day or two, the pressure will start to change, and you may end up with a keg of flat beer. Those things are really just for pushing it through the lines at a picnic, not for maintaining pressure on a keg.

Naturally carbing a keg is basically the same as bottles.

my cousin tried going that method. He quit kegging, because his beer would go flat after a few days. a Regulator and tank are not that expensive.

Back