• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Immersion Chiller / HERMS Coil

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forcabrew

Reaction score
Im looking for am immersion chiller or either coiled stainless or copper to use as a HERMS coil in my keggle HLT. Like stated above either copper or stainless in either 3/8ths or 1/2inch. I'm not sure about what length i want yet but please post what you have for sale with specifics and price. i may have some items to trade also if there is someone local to Connecticut.

Cheers
Ed

That chiller is way too nice for me to hack up. I was looking at 50 ft as a maximum length I would use 70 ft as a HERMS coil would just be overkill. Thank you though

Haha, forgot - I actually also have 2 other copper coils from a while ago. I believe a 25', then one of the pre-chillers that probably wouldn't work. The 25' 3/8" would probably work decently though, if you want to make an offer.

Why don't you call www.nybrewsupply.com they are in brookfeild ct. They made me a very nice copper herms coil at a very reasonable price.

Or go down to Home Depot and pick up some soft copper in almost whatever diameter/length you want. Understood that someone may have something laying around for less $$ but including shipping I doubt you're going to beat HD/Lowes.

JRems said:
Why don't you call www.nybrewsupply.com they are in brookfeild ct. They made me a very nice copper herms coil at a very reasonable price.

I'm actually in the middle of a conversation via email with Jeff from nybrewsupply

Jrems. Did you have them bend you copper or stainless?

BrokenBow said:
Haha, forgot - I actually also have 2 other copper coils from a while ago. I believe a 25', then one of the pre-chillers that probably wouldn't work. The 25' 3/8" would probably work decently though, if you want to make an offer.

After hacking a 25 ft chiller it would be to short for what I had in mind for a HERMS coil

I'm actually in the middle of a conversation via email with Jeff from nybrewsupply

Jrems. Did you have them bend you copper or stainless?

Jeff did a 1/2" 25' coil 12" diameter I have it in a keggle it's only 5" tall coiled at 12" diameter which I wanted so I could keep it below the half mark on the keg so it won't be out of the water when doing smaller 5gal batches. He only sells 1/2" copper in 50' rolls so I had him make me 2 and I gave the other one to my friend. If you want 3/8 I think they can do copper or stainless in 25'. If you want a pic pm me with your email address.

Unfortunatly Jeff explained to me at the moment he can only coil to a diameter of 9.5 inches as I guess the other mold or whatever he uses was decommissioned recently so I don't know what I'm gonna do right now

I have a 50' coil of ss 3/8" I was going to put on here for $50 plus shipping. Coil height I believe is 12" and width 9 1/2". I would have to measure to be sure, but it fits in a keg nicely.

zeus53219 said:
I have a 50' coil of ss 3/8" I was going to put on here for $50 plus shipping. Coil height I believe is 12" and width 9 1/2". I would have to measure to be sure, but it fits in a keg nicely.

Interested

Can you get me some pics and measurements. I'll have to compare price and specs with nybrewsupply as if its a chiller I would have to hack it up a bit

It is 9"x8". There are actually two coils, 3/8" outside and 1/4" inside. I can cut the 1/4" tubing and remove it. It was some sort of IC at one time. I picked up two of these in a trade, and I'm using one on my set-up.

tn24.jpg

tn54.jpg

Back