Brewing BB American Cream Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacoBrew

Reaction score
It has been since thanksgiving that m.
Isis myfirst beer, an imperial nutbrown. Waiting for my pot to boil now a little depressed that I won't be making a blueberry cream ale like I expected. The blueberries would cost more than the kit itself! Oh well. Maybe when they're in season.

I know what you mean, I wanted to do a blueberry beer too but the prices are crazy right now. I did do a raspberry ale with the Brewers Best cream ale kit, it was tart at first but became a really good lawnmower beer after about a month.

Here is how the cream ale turned out. I just bottled the blueberry version I set on secondary this afternoon so I'll be able to tell how it turned out in a few weeks.

The recipe called for a partial boil but I was able to do full volume, so I swapped the aroma and buttering additions to cut down on IBUs. While I don't think it's exactly to style, so far the response has been great. Great clarity and color for extract and it has a nice balanced flavor (but slightly strong hop aroma).

image-1086625253.jpg

Latest posts

Back