Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mysterio

Reaction score
I'm using this yeast in a brew at the moment. It seems to be a very slow fermenter, I pitched last Friday and there was an enormous amount of foam the next day but the gravity doesn't seem to have dropped much. The gravity seems to be dropping very slowly each day now. Is this anyone elses experience?

I've useed it several times with good results. I've never got a lot of krausen, and the fermentation isn't as vigorous as the 1028, but I haven't found it to be noticeably slower than most others. Admittedly, I leave in primary for two weeks, then secondary for 4 before kegging so I probably wouldn't notice if it was slow. But by the end of the 6 weeks, it's always ready to keg.

-a.

The 2 times I have used the yeast I have gotten fairly good ferments even at the lower temps for the strain. The first one I did not use a starter and it took a little to get going but was done in 6 days. If I remember correctly it did not ferment really fast or vigorus like nottingham. Slow and steady.
Great yeast for an ESB

Back