10 Days versus 14 Days

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. Most people do 5-7 days. Once they start looking nasty, I want them off of my beer.

I too usually dry hop for 5-7 days, the danger if you leave for a lot longer is that you get a grassy flavour from the hops in the fininshed beer, some people want this in their beer, but personally I am not a big fan of it.

Thanks! I just took a gravity reading on this Pliny Clone, not the pdf version, a different version, but very similar. My FG was 1.010, and the ABV is at 9.0%. As far as flavor and taste, it is awesome! Not too bitter, a little sweet. and very hoppy, not grassy at all. I kegged it and now crash cooling. I have success!

I'm not a fan of the grassy flavor, so if I wanted intense dry hopping, I'd do 2 rounds of 5-7 day dry hopping.

Ok, I did get a tiny bit of grassy flavor at first, but that went away fast after the first couple days in the keg. I like this better than the original Pliny the Elder, without a doubt. I am truly hooked on homebrewing now!

Latest posts

Back