Calling All Metal Fans

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I was trying to understand why all those other vocals turn you off but yet you can listen to that ****** from SOAD who couldn't carry a tune with a bucket. Not a big tool fan either but at least Maynard can stay in key. I'll post up some more for you but at this point I'm beginning to think you've already made up your mind that you're not going to like it.

Do you think this guy can sing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMF0RwSr8dg

:)

Sing? Yeah. Sounds like recycled queensryche from 1989

The dungeons and dragons lyrics about dragons and **** turn me off

This fairly well works! The intro was a little too simplistic, but that was ok after contrasted with the bass heavy break in the middle!:rockin:

I do like the more "death metal" direction you seem to be leaning here.

Sing? Yeah. Sounds like recycled queensryche from 1989

Well yes, but only better to about the tenth power or so.. truth is even though Queensryche put out about 3 or 4 of the best, most influential HM albums during that era (EP, Warning, Rage, Mindcrime) and Tate had a damn good voice with unbelievable range at the time (his voice is shot since mind crime in case you couldn't tell) he wouldn't even be able to slightly lift Lione's strap off the floor, not even in his prime. Lione is widely considered to be one of the best vocalists on the planet, and for good reason.

This fairly well works! The intro was a little too simplistic, but that was ok after contrasted with the bass heavy break in the middle!:rockin:

Aha! Now we are getting somewhere. Try this one on for size...

:rockin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Exodus sounds like ACDC (lebon) if someone had seriously wronged him (like killed his mom). I like it!

Sour ur 13 (whatever) is a little too much like a philosophical ozzy...big words but still retarded,"in between past and future" uhhhhhhhhh you mean NOW??????;)

Hell plague and fyre...a little to squealy Ghetti lee.

I started getting into metal a few years ago.

This is one band I particularly like.

- Destin

Exodus sounds like ACDC (lebon) if someone had seriously wronged him (like killed his mom). I like it!

Sour ur 13 (whatever) is a little too much like a philosophical ozzy...big words but still retarded,"in between past and future" uhhhhhhhhh you mean NOW??????;)

Hell plague and fyre...a little to squealy Ghetti lee.

Right on Bro, still throwing different stuff around but starting to see a bit of a trend. Try this on...

Right on Bro, still throwing different stuff around but starting to see a bit of a trend. Try this on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hx6lbXIiekQ

A little iffy about the cover...;) The music? Definitely nice! I am not a fan of the 12 minute songs a lot of these guys crank out, and 7 is pushing it, but it is good! Talented instrumentalists. O% ****** vocals, nice contrasting styles that still hit hard.

I also really liked the parkway drive posted by sillbeer.

A little iffy about the cover...;) The music? Definitely nice! I am not a fan of the 12 minute songs a lot of these guys crank out, and 7 is pushing it, but it is good! Talented instrumentalists. O% ****** vocals, nice contrasting styles that still hit hard.

I also really liked the parkway drive posted by sillbeer.

Right on, that's a chick on vocals btw. The parkway is not really my thing but I will say it's most definitely some of the better metalcore I've heard.

I'll buckle down when I get time and post up some more selections for you. I'm beginning to get a line on your taste but bear with me while I continue to barrage you with things I think you might like.

Hang in there Bro, we're making progress now.. Common ground may just be on the horizon if not beyond the sun and far away! ;)

:tank:

Oh, and a question.. can't remember if you said you liked the Nile or Asphyx I posted earlier or is it too much for you as far as death metal goes?

And, since you like originality, check this out in the meantime...

I had no idea what metalcore was till just now when I looked it up.

A lot of bands listed as examples is stuff I listen to.

- Destin

argus-boldly-stride-the-doomed-cover.jpg

81747.jpg

Another one of my favorites.

- Destin

Does anyone know what song this is? I tried searching for it but failed. I'm diggin it.

- Destin

Does anyone know what song this is? I tried searching for it but failed. I'm diggin it.

- Destin

Sorry man, no clue.

EDIT - After reading through the comments this is apparently an original song composed by Kyle Hunter. I did run across this though while I was searching the archives, not for me but some pretty decent metal core...

The singers from Kamelot and Edguy together? I'm in.

Right on, that's a chick on vocals btw. The parkway is not really my thing but I will say it's most definitely some of the better metalcore I've heard.

Oh, and a question.. can't remember if you said you liked the Nile or Asphyx I posted earlier or is it too much for you as far as death metal goes?

asphyx was good! Nile was too monotonous. Constant double bass gets old.

Haven't seen it mentioned but Anthrax and Megadeth are releasing new CD's coming soon. Megadeths is June and based on the clips from their site it sounds promising. Anthrax is a couple days away.

Grotesquerie shows some promise. What do you think of hatebreed?

Honestly TOOL is one of my favorite bands ever. Talk about original.
i get the feeling that you (headbanger) don't like tool because they take hard metal in a direction that you see as untrue to the genre, but I see that new direction as ingenious, and a necessary evolution, if metal is going to stay vital.

Grotesquerie shows some promise. What do you think of hatebreed?

Honestly TOOL is one of my favorite bands ever. Talk about original.
i get the feeling that you (headbanger) don't like tool because they take hard metal in a direction that you see as untrue to the genre, but I see that new direction as ingenious, and a necessary evolution, if metal is going to stay vital.

I never cared for Hatebreed much, mainly because of Josta.. don't listen to much hardcore anyway but if/when I do I go in for a band with some talent like Terror.

It's not that I don't like Tool, I think they are a very talented rock band... But it's not metal.

Have any of you listen to Down? It's Pantera meets Corosion of Conformity meets Crowbar... Considered a "Sueper Group". Check out Eyes of the South, Bury Me In Smoke or Pillamyd, all great songs.

And.... TOOL kicks ass, I consider them a form of Metal. They are definitely worth listening to.

Have any of you listen to Down? It's Pantera meets Corosion of Conformity meets Crowbar... Considered a "Sueper Group". Check out Eyes of the South, Bury Me In Smoke or Pillamyd, all great songs.

And.... TOOL kicks ass, I consider them a form of Metal. They are definitely worth listening to.

Nola was a great album!

Tool is good, but not metal.. This is fact.

:mug:

I love it! Headbanger is the guardian of the genre!

I am OK with that. Tool borrowed from metal, but what they make deserves it's own genre. System of a Down is as original, but their silly politically tainted agenda (which I love, but they sure as eff aint TOOL) makes them definitely different.

As far as the whole "Metal" goes,......insanely original death metal is where I am sure I would find my favorite, but I haven't heard it yet.

cheezydemon3 said:
I love it! Headbanger is the guardian of the genre!

I am OK with that. Tool borrowed from metal, but what they make deserves it's own genre. System of a Down is as original, but their silly politically tainted agenda (which I love, but they sure as eff aint TOOL) makes them definitely different.

As far as the whole "Metal" goes,......insanely original death metal is where I am sure I would find my favorite, but I haven't heard it yet.

Tool didn't borrow anything, they do what they do and the result is usually some pretty good hard rock, I can respect that.

I really miss damage plan. I think they would have been bigger then pantera had the tragedy not happened. As far as tool, I agree hard rock just like Metallica is now. And I love the "music" of Dethlok that I had never heard before but the vocals I can not get used to.I wish we could go back to the late 80's early 90's metal when Metallica was good and we had the best of Anthrax and Megadeth.

I must admit though (I am a die hard Megadeth fan) the most recent Anthrax has been great and personally I think they stole the show at the big 4. I dig Slayers music but not the vocals.

Tool didn't borrow anything, they do what they do and the result is usually some pretty good hard rock, I can respect that.

My bad!

I admit my ignorance of "metal".

The only forms of music that I have no interest in are POP and POPcountry. (hmmmm seems that there is a theme here) Music made purely to make money makes me sick.

I really miss damage plan. I think they would have been bigger then pantera had the tragedy not happened.

Yes, Damage Plan was good. Have you listend to Hell Yeah, Vinny Pauls band, they are just as good, with a couple of members from Mudvayne. They make a decent metal band.

Tool is good, but not metal.. This is fact.

:mug:

I'm sorry, but I gota stir the **** pot and make it stink for a minute....

You say "Tool isn't Metal...This is fact". Where is your fact? Or is this your opinion? While I think every man is entitled to their own opinion, please show your facts

Here are my facts.:

Genres: Alternative metal, art rock, progressive metal, progressive rock

Grammy awards and nominations
Year Nominated work Award Result
1998 "Ænema" Best Metal Performance Won
1998 Ænima Best Recording Package Nominated
1998 "Stinkfist" Best Music Video, Short Form Nominated
2002 "Schism" Best Metal Performance Won
2007 10,000 Days Best Recording Package Won
2007 "Vicarious" Best Hard Rock Performance Nominated
2008 "The Pot" Best Hard Rock Performance Nominated

So, the awards they won were in the "Metal" catagory, and the Nominated but not won was in the "Hard Rock" catagory.

Sorry man, while I respect your opinion, it is my opinion that TOOL is Metal !

Don't get upset...I'm just poking the sleeping bear and having some fun. In the words of Tesla "Call it what you want", it's all good music regardless of the category.

Been listening to a lot of mastodon, red fang, orange goblin and some high on fire too. Not too big on the screamo stuff. Although I will listen to some btbam on occasion.

Latest posts

Back