Two more down..one moving along...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerT

Reaction score
Just some updates on my latest brews....

Last night I de-labeled, cleaned, sanitized 4.5 cases of bottles. I took some gravity readings on my brews and decided it was time to bottle.

My Belgian Tripel was first up. It had fermented from and OG of 1.076 down to 1.016. Nice straw color...strong alcohol note. I bottled in a case of blue 16oz flippers, a stoneware 22oz flipper, and an 18-pack of 12oz long necks.

Next up was the Belgian Wit. It had gone form an OG of 1.046 down to 1.006! Light straw color...and tasted like heaven. I swore it tasted like a warm bottle of Hoegarten! Can't wait to get this one carbed and chilled.

FInally, I checked on my American IPA...brewed on Saturday. The bubbling form the 1" blow-off had slowed. It had an OG of 1.065 on brew day. It still had a heavy krausen/foam layer. I checked gravity and she was down to 1.023 so far. I gae the yeast a good stir/rousing and replaced my ghetto blow-off (1" tubing through the center of a plastic primary lid...down to a bottle of sanitized water) with a normal lid and three piece. Started chugging away again. On a side note....great hop aroma...and I haven't even dry hopped yet. I am planning on dry hopping at racking time...and adding 2oz of oak chips soaked/steamed in bourbon.

-Todd

Back