Feedback on this label.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schnitzengiggle

Reaction score
This is my very first label attempt using Inkscape, I have dabbled in both, GIMP & Inkscape, so future labels should only become better. FWIW, I dislike the font, but I have found some better choices, however, what do you think?
aphoppinalabel.jpg
Also, since producing this label, (I used Inkscape .46) There has been a new version released that has some awesome new features, so give me your honest opinion, and I will make adjustments accordingly.

How big is the label, inch by inch? Remember that you'll only be able to see 3 inches wide at any given time when applied to a bottle, so the title text might get hidden by the bottle's shape.

It looks like you're going for a simple approach on this, which I think can be very powerful. If this were my label, I would make the title text a bold font (think Impact) with a white color and a fairly thin, black outline. I would advise against that army font, especially at smaller text size, as it becomes difficult to read.

I like the hop graphic and background curly design a lot. I'm a whore for the 'rising sun' sunburst design, too. However, something about the background doesn't do it for me. Maybe it's too yellow, or too simple.

This is a great start, especially for a first label design. Remember - have fun with it, and don't take our input too seriously. If it's good enough for you, that's all that matters. It's your beer, and you should do what you like.

Back