New LHBS in Westmont, NJ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lordura

Reaction score
I got word that there is a new shop opening up in westmont on haddon ave. Anyone have any info on this? Its good news for me. I can save on shipping or bridge tolls now!

That would be pretty sweet actually.

I really hate finding a spot to park for the one in Philly....thought I haven't checked out the one in the Berlin Mart yet.

(FYI the one in the Columbus Mart is crap...pure crap. I asked what yeasts they had and all they had was Muttons. No Dry yeasties, no liquid yeasties, just Muttons. Very sad)

If you get more info let me know!

I was able to get in contact with the owner. Thisis what I got from him:
"The shop is 162 Haddon Ave in Haddon Twp. The grandopening is tentatively scheduled for the 18th of June."
I'm excited!

As for the berlin mart shop, my buddy knows the owner or someone who works there.
He said it pretty good but I haven't seen it yet. As for Columbus, I was only there once to buy some cleaner. All the stuff was just laying around on the floor. Looked kinda dirty to me. I won't be back there again.

I'll definitely check it out.

I use BMW for 99% of my stuff...but sometimes I decide to brew on Saturday, Friday afternoon.

Even BMW can't ship that fast :D Well unless I want to sell a kidney to get it...

I'm a huge fan of BMW but if I only need yeast or any other single item, I hate paying shipping/tolls.
I buy all my hops and grain in bulk so neither of them can help me with that. But yeast, caps, sanitizer and the occasional specialty grains are my biggest needs.

I can write off the 6.99 shipping by using the 10% off recipes code and comparing it to the cost of driving to a LHBS.

After all $7 is about what 3 gallons of fuel these days?

That's pretty awesome...Westmont definitely has an up and coming scene (originally from Cinnaminson, NJ). Wish I would have thought of that!! Collingswood would actually be perfect.

I've been going to Berlin Mart. He seems to be getting more organized every time I'm in there. Well stocked shelves, pretty good selection and prices. Close to me and easy to get to.

Iam the owner of the shop that is openning in westmont. I just got my stock in and it should be on the shelves by friday. Feel free to stop in and check the place out any time. The address is 162 haddon ave haddon township nj 08108. I have the largest stock around of hops grains and wine kits. I am very open to suggestions about stock, and things like that. Also I have an industrial kitchen for on site brewing. My contacts are [email protected] www.brewyourownbottle.com or the store number is 856 858 6000. Cheers Brett

Sounds good Brett, best of luck with the new shop! I don't live there anymore but I'll stop in when I'm in town next weekend.

Stopped in Brew Your Own Bottle this evening to have my first look at the store.

The store front itself was visually appealing. I walked in to one of the most organized homebrew shops i have ever seen! This place was nice! The shop was stocked with tons of stuff. The owner was very nice and gave me a mini tour of the shop.
He even offered up some advice on yeast for an upcoming brew (something an online brew shop can't do).

Aside from this place being clean, well organized and friendly... i did some price checking and its still cheaper then shopping online when you add in shipping.

Brett, Thanks for opening up in my area! You'll have my business from this point on.

Check them out... you wont be disappointed!

Brew Your Own Bottle
162 Haddon Avenue
Haddon Township, NJ 08108
Phone: 856-858-6000
www.brewyourownbottle.com

Thanks for the kind words Jeff. I have sad news for south Jersey Brewers Jeff from Beercrafters has passed away, like many of you he sold me my first brewing equiptment and gave great advise over the years. This Sunday between 3-6 @ Iron Hill (Maple Shade) brewery there is going to be an event remembering the life of Jeff. Phyllis from Beercrafters and another home brew club is sponsering the event. If you have the time I emplore you to go, he was a great person and full of knowledge, and helped many of us understand brewing. Please feel free to invite anyone that you know, that knew him, a large turn out would be great. I am going to sit the event out because I do not want any person to think I am promoting the store at the event. If you can not attend but wish to give your condolances write an email to me and I will forward it to Phyllis to share with his family ([email protected]). Thank you all for your time.
Brett

I stopped by this place last week and I was certainly impressed.
Great owner and very informative (and chatty :mug:)

Lots of good stuff there and prices were VERY reasonable.

Definitely will use again.

Good Luck Brett!

I stopped in today after a few months of waiting eagerly for this shop to open - I was not disappointed. As the others mentioned, Brett is a really nice and knowledgeable guy, and his store is well-stocked, organized and clean. He offered to order anything I needed, and he seems to have enough in stock (with more arriving - he had a shipment waiting to be stocked today) to brew almost anything. I'm looking forward to having a LHBS once again! Thanks for opening Brett! :rockin:

Hey Brett, Glad to hear another shop opened in SJ. I'll try to stop up in the next week or so. I just got back on here after a little hiatus.

On another note, I am saddened to read that Jeff had passed. He got me started too and always answered my foolish newcomer questions like it was the first time he was ever asked. And was never always willing to let you sample what he had out back. He was a good man.

Good Luck.

Just got back from the new shop.
This is what a HB shop should be. The owner is a brewer himself and he knows what he's doing.
Anyway, he had everything that I needed - and more.
I'll be using this place from now on.

just bought a kit from the store in westmont, loved it. the owner seems really down to earth. they have got a good amount of inventory (the only kits they sell though are brewers best). the owner says hes been doing really well, better then he anticipated with little to no advertising.

That's great to hear - hard to start a new business in this economy. I know from experience. I will definitely support Brett and I encourage others in the area to do so too. It's easy to order supplies online, but it's a good thing to support a local business, especially one near and dear to our hearts. And besides, nothing compares to being able to fondle the goods.... muwahahaha!

I've been primarily making cider, but now since there's a HB shop right down the street, I think I'll try my hand at beer.

Looking forward to stopping in.

Chris in Collingswood.

I've been to the store twice now and love that there is a place so close to my house. I used to buy extract online and shop locally for yeast and hops. Now, I'm buying everything from Brett. That's the least I can do for getting to sample his latest beer creation in the back.

Ben

After not knowing for 6 months that this place existed only a couple miles down the road from my house, I stopped in yesterday to check it out. I was not dissapointed. Like many others have said, the organization is amazing. It is very easy to find just about anything you want/need. In addition most of the prices are as low as what I have been paying online. It may be time to stop buying online and take a trip up the road to BYOB. The owner Brett was a friendly guy, who was willing to help you out.

italynstallyn44 said:
After not knowing for 6 months that this place existed only a couple miles down the road from my house, I stopped in yesterday to check it out. I was not dissapointed. Like many others have said, the organization is amazing. It is very easy to find just about anything you want/need. In addition most of the prices are as low as what I have been paying online. It may be time to stop buying online and take a trip up the road to BYOB. The owner Brett was a friendly guy, who was willing to help you out.

What is the name and/or address so I can throw my business his way?

I've been there twice this week to pick up some gear and ingredients, nice to have a store around with a knowledgeable owner and good stock. About to go again tomorrow because I broke hydrometer #34 in the kitchen today :(

One of the buckets I got, the lid tore the first time I opened it, Brett changed it out no questions asked. Gotta love good customer service.

Thanks, Brett

Back