Other probe sensor for Love Controller?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanpace

Reaction score
I was wondering if it is possible to use other probe sensors for the Love Controllers. (Already have 2 Love Control temperature controllers)

I was recently given 2 probes from a friend, they come from this site..
Liquid tight RTD sensor, 2” probe, NPT Thread [PT100-L50NPT] - $29.95 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

The problem I see is that the probe has 3 wires coming out instead of 2 like the love control sensor.
2 red wires and 1 white to be exact.

Or would I have to purchase another temperature controller?
This one for instance?
Universal 1/32 DIN PID Temperature Controller Universal 1/32 DIN PID Temperature Controller [SYL-1512A] - $35.95 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry
Or this?
1/16 DIN PID Temperature Controller (Relay Output) [SYL-2342] - $44.50 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry

I'm not sure what all the details mean on each controller, maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thx!

You can use any RTD on your controller as long as its 100 ohm platinum. The 2 red wires are shorted together in the RTD. 3 and 4-wire RTD's are used for long runs of wire. For such a short run, a 2-wire RTD is suffice. Use one (or both) the red wires on 1 input terminal and the white on the other terminal.

i tried to hook it up that way, but i just got -- as a reading from the love controller...

Latest posts

Back