Brewing again after a one year hiatus - wish me luck!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D2T

Brew Monkey
Reaction score
Well, I bought a house and things got busy fixing it up, so brewing got put on the back burner. I also developed a pretty large obsession with straight razors during that time ;)

But I'm back now! Doing my first all grain in over a year. Going to try a stout to be ready for late Sept. for a little friendly competition among a few fellow brewers at work.

No real reason for this post, just wish me luck if you feel like it. I just got done cleaning all my equipment, but I'm extremely nervous!

Thanks guys, I'm gonna be brewing tomorrow. Not today, just because my wife is gone and I need her as an emergency brewer-backup ;)

It's just disconcerting because it seems so simple when I look back on it, but after such a long break I keep thinking I'm going to forget something obvious.

Lets see nervious and straight razors. Hmmmmmm . . . . not a good combination.

There is nothing to fear, just make a list of what you need so you are not missing anything during brew day and then make a recipe to brew and review it with us here on HBT. Everything should go great. Got propane?

Lets see nervious and straight razors. Hmmmmmm . . . . not a good combination.

There is nothing to fear, just make a list of what you need so you are not missing anything during brew day and then make a recipe to brew and review it with us here on HBT. Everything should go great. Got propane?

I've done two or three brews on my current propane tank, so I'm hoping I'll be ok for one last one. If not, I have an emergency plan to get another tank at Home Depot if necessary ;) This involves my wife going to get a tank while I sit in a corner whimpering "damnit damnit damnit" until she gets back :)

You need 2 tanks of propane anyway so you might think about just buying another? There is nothing worse than running out.

Welcome back monkey! I wondered where you had disappeared to. Good to have you round again, hope dem firstbeers come out real well for ya!

Step 1 get 2 propane tanks
Step 2 RDWHA micro of some sort
Step 3 ..... what was step 3 again.........***note to self start thread on HBT about what step 3 is***..... off to the kegger for another beer!!!
welcome back keep us posted on the brew day
Cheers
JJ

Just finished measuring, milling, and mashing in. I was a little over my target temp, but not bad. I don't think I realized how much warmer my grain would get while sitting in my kitchen.

Now I sit and wait. So far so good :rockin:

Brewing is done. Cleanup is done. I already see activity in the carboy after only 3 hours (yay for starters!).

My OG came out quit a bit higher than I had planned but hey, if that's my worst problem I'm doing pretty good right?

Back