Alabama Homebrew Legislation 2013

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm a product of this school system too and was left with no other option than to play catch up to further my education. Also, a high school dropout can provide for their family. Education is only a tool admittedly but they're supplying rusted out implements with dry rotted handles.

Anyways, keeping fingers crossed for a little luck tomorrow.

We are #3 on the proposed SOC for April 2nd.

http://www.legislature.state.al.us/prefiled/calendar.html

Here's to hoping that they make it that far!

A question keeps coming to my mind, so I'll ask. If our bill both comes up and passes tomorrow, how long do we have to get it through the senate? Last year's experience tells me that 3 days is probably not enough, so I hope we have a lot more time than that. Also, it would be nice to rule out a pocket veto from our governor.

I guess I could look at the legislative calendar, but it's so much more pleasant to go to homebrewtalk instead. Also, someone might know how ready the wheels may be to turn in the senate.

Thanks. I just happened to read an article this afternoon which mentioned that.

So, we should have a much better chance than last year, provided the general stalling from the minority party is over and does not arise again due to something else.

Tuesday is the short session of the week. We will find out how business is going to go as soon as the first bill comes to the floor.
If they get to our bill, #3 on the SOC, nothing else will get done. The ALCAP members will filibuster till this evening.

The Tourism Bash is this afternoon, so there will be no running into the evening. The Bash starts at 5, so I expect the chamber to empty by 4:30 or so.

As usual, work computer security has something completely harmless blocked. Have they started on the SOC yet? Last time I followed this they displayed the bill they were discussing on the website. Right now all I see is Special Order Calendar.

I am already frustrated. Lots of people talking about needing to get to the homebrew bill. Instead of approving the calendar so they can actually consider bills!

I'm not even sure what I'm listening to :(
Any idea how long this will take?

We'll see when they get to the second bill. The first is a Democrat bill. I assume that it will go quickly. If the Dems are still pissed off, the second will probably be where we see them stall.

I think Mac was wise with a D bill first and last.

We'll see how it goes.

at least theyre talking about it now.
I'm feeling good about their tone right now... fingers crossed

Looks as if they are not going to do anything today.

****ing voucher bill and back door politics screwed us.

I turned it off.
From the tone of the previous speakers it does sound like it has a more favorable out look than in the past, if it ever gets to the floor.

Don't like it when the "in the ol' days we usedta have our poor-man's beer bottles blow up in the bathtub" stories start.

-Rich

I turned it off.
From the tone of the previous speakers it does sound like it has a more favorable out look than in the past, if it ever gets to the floor.

I can't listen right now, are they talking about the bill or stalling on something else?

They are stalling.

Damn. I am as pissed at the Rs for their BS that caused all this crap as I am at the Dems for their childish stalling BS

They have not approved the SOC yet

Back