Demand for Whole Grain Malted Sorghum?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KeyportHobbies

Reaction score
We are looking into sourcing some whole grain malted sorghum for gluten free brewing. Our research shows it's an item that should be in high demand. But I would like to get some opinions here and see how many members would be interested in such a product.

If it's something you would like to buy, just leave a comment and let us know.

No thanks. I had the misfortune to try the 23rd or so attempt of Deschutes' gluten free ale. Holy crap that stuff has a horrible aftertaste. If I ever have to give up gluten, I'm going to try a quinoa beer. If that doesn't work...I don't know...

It's a shame too, my uncle grows a lot of sorghum.

Why would that be a high demand item considering how relatively low the incidence of celiac is? Less than 1% of the population of which a very small portion would be brewers - not to be a dick or anything about it, genuinely curious about the research. Is it based on a legitimate demand for people suffering from gastric malabsorption, or is it some kind of trendy "gluten free" thing from people who don't really understand the condition or what gluten is?

Latest posts

Back