Snake River Pako's IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I spoke to some snake river guys at a brew fest today. They confirmed the wyeast 1056 and they said do a 15 minute whirlpool on the flameout hops.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Brewed this up today. A friend and I split an 11 gallon batch. He's going to use Wyeast 1056, and I'm going to do WLP007. The wort smells just like Pako's, so I have faith! I'll let everyone know the results!

Brewed this up today. A friend and I split an 11 gallon batch. He's going to use Wyeast 1056, and I'm going to do WLP007. The wort smells just like Pako's, so I have faith! I'll let everyone know the results!

Let us know how it turns out!

Let us know how it turns out!

So, mine is dry hopping in the keg as we speak. WLP007 is a beast, took the gravity down to 1.006, so the abv is around 7.6%. I'll tap it on Thursday and let you guys know how it tastes. We're going to bring both versions to our brew club meeting to compare side by side with the real Pako's. I'll post some notes here when I get the chance!

Sorry guys, I've been pretty busy lately. My friend and I both brought our versions of the beer to our brew club meeting along with the real Pako's. First of all, our versions were very fresh and the Pako's wasn't. I personally thought my friends version brewed with 1056 was a clone. Mine was fermented with 007, and finished much drier. It made for a nice beer, but it wasn't Pako's. I would say if you wanna brew Pako's, brew the recipe I posted that I got from the brewery. It'll be a lot hoppier fresh, but when it sits a couples of weeks it'll be spot on.

Latest posts

Back