Guinness Draught Bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Overkill probably... but:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL1ovAYtKuQ]YouTube - Removing a cork from the bottle trick[/ame]

I got a six of the Guinness bottles once, and it's easy to pull the "bomb" out with needle-nose pliers. Those Guinness bottles are great, too, because they've got a shrink-on label. Just slice it off with a utility knife, and you're golden- NO soaking!

I got a six of the Guinness bottles once, and it's easy to pull the "bomb" out with needle-nose pliers. Those Guinness bottles are great, too, because they've got a shrink-on label. Just slice it off with a utility knife, and you're golden- NO soaking!

+1, these bottles WIN.

I think they hold 11.5 oz though? Maybe that is just from the "bomb" displacing so me volume.

I seem to remember filling a SA bottle to the top and it filled the Guinness bottle exactly... I think you're right about the cartridge. I'll try it again and report back...

Technically, I think it's 11.9 oz :D

And yes, just yank out the bomb with some pliers (make sure there aren't any last few drops of booze in there, or they'll dump onto your face as you hold it above you trying to see in) and then slice of the label. I'd use them if I drank more guinness. The only downside, if you care about it, is that you can't relabel them easily.

Back