More AB stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nate

Reaction score
Had a new wit beer at the local watering hole last night... Shock Top from AB (interesting beer). Started looking around for info and hit the link below. I had no idea that, in addition to buying up many micros, AB is also importing many beers... Stella, Boddington's, Bass, Tennents, Grolsch, etc.

http://www.anheuser-busch.com/BeerVerified.html

I've been pleasantly surprised to see more of the Giant beer companies buying small breweries, and/or distributing them. I prefer to buy my beer at our local beer store, but to see some interesting beers at Walmart gives me hope that there may be more real beer converts in the future.

Yeah, I'm pretty much for it. Anything that brings me more beer varieties is good. FYI, apparently the Shock Top is simply a re-labeled version of their Spring Heat Spiced Wheat (tasted different to me but that's what the page says).

I had no idea that they imported and distrubted so many brands. I guess it only makes sense though, since they have the largest distribution channels in the US.

cubbies said:
I dont care for the Shock top. Very flavorless IMO, but at least they are trying...

+1. I think AB has a hard time breaking their formula of watered down beers.....I bet the most depressing job in the world would to be in charge of their recipe development....you come up with a great tasting recipe then the accountants get a hold of it: This cost us 1/2 cent a bottle to make!? Add more water!

They're not really going after craft beer fans anyway. I think they're targeting their BMC following who will be pleasantly surprised that they almost tasted something.

Back