Fresh Hop Aroma

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marconlin

Reaction score
I Just had a Bottle of Chimay Speciale Cent Cinquante. It had a fresh hop aroma I have never experienced. I mean to say is the hop aroma was the same as when I open a package of hops.

Now my queston is how can I make this happen. It's as if there are fresh hops in the bottle.

The Chimay website states a fresh noble hop aroma, but I have added hops at many diferent schedules, and just haven't experienced this.

And I would like to do this in my own beer. The best I can come up with is wet hops. Either dry hopped or first wort hops. Any suggestions?

I think the best way to get that major hop aroma is to dry hop. Use .5 ounce or more per gallon and it should really stand out (obviously depends on the beer you are making and whether or not it will hide or make the hops stand out). If you keg, you can also dry hop in the keg for additional aroma.

Thank you for the reply! This has struck such a nerve I went out a bought another bottle.

I may have to spend the next year searching for the aroma. It was as if I opened a bottle of fresh hops.

If you can get it, schlafly export IPA is like that with hop flavor. Like drinking a Christmas/orange tree. (In a good way).

Back