Miller/Coors Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishcrazy06

Reaction score
I had a thread I started about the Party Pigs. A few people chimed in on one being able to use these instead as a cheaper option and that they work good. I ended up spending a couple hours on here reading through the posts and also watching some Youtube videos on it. Seems like most or I should say a big majority of the people had/have no problems using this. The only thing I can't find out is if anyone or if there is a general consensus on which CO2 cartridges to use. Sound like the threaded ones are better because the neck size is a bit bigger. I was unable to find a lot of threads that were more recent.

Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

These are the 16 gramco2 cartridges i used. Non threaded. They fit onto the Coors fridge keg perfectly.

I bought these from my LHBS, but they were pricey. $17.99 for 6. I would Ebay these in the future.

ForumRunner_20110626_163951.jpg

I gave up on using the miller lite / coors homedraft thing a few months ago because of the co2 cartridges. I used all the different ones at my lhbs and all of them were either a little too short or the necks were all too narrow or, in a few cases, the little grommet inside the cartridge housing on the homedraft kit itself would fail.

blip01 do you still use the keg? If so how long you been doing using it? It sounds like a good alternative if I can get more positive than negative feedback.

yep, still using it. took some brew to my neighbor's house last night.

I have not been using it very long though. This is the second beer I've had in it. The first I carbed naturally in the Coors keg, the one last night was already carbed in a keg and I just filled the Coors keg from the faucet and screwed in a new CO2 cartridge on the coors keg.

I also have a large insulated lunch bag that I cut a hole in so the faucet part of the Coors keg sticks out the front. I packed it with ice and it stayed cold all night.

Back