HELP! Did I ruin my beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewsterk2

Reaction score
I was just taking a gravity reading to see how soon until racking to the seconday for clearing. I was putting the bung back on with the airlock already on it. I didt realize there was still a small amount of water/sanitizer solution inside and a few drops got into the batch. What can I do? Should I be worried? Thanks for any and all input.

thanks guys. I guess I just wigged out. I tasted the beer though. It's an IPA. Somewhere near 100 IBU's with a badass hop flavor and oily mouthfeel. Got it near 1.017 from 1.065. I think a couple more days in the primary will do.

What kind of sanitizer do you use? Hopefully not bleach. If it's one of the no rinse varities like iodophor or starsan you'll be just fine.

I've dropped a whole hell of a lot worse in my brews and they all came out fantastic. Relax and get ready to enjoy the end product, my man.

I was just taking a gravity reading to see how soon until racking to the seconday for clearing. I was putting the bung back on with the airlock already on it. I didt realize there was still a small amount of water/sanitizer solution inside and a few drops got into the batch. What can I do? Should I be worried? Thanks for any and all input.

Next time, use vodka instead of sanitizer.
This time... RDWHAB

Back