First Solo Brew w/ New Equip

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have cracked a few of these bottles just to see how far along they are in the carbonation process, and I'm noticing that it is waaaay cloudier than it was when I was looking at samples in secondary.

Could this be because I still have yeast in suspension that are working and haven't done their carbonation/settling to the bottom of the bottle work yet??? Sh*t is murky.

I almost can't believe that this beer came around, but it did. When I made that last post, it looked like murky brown ale and now it's crystal clear! It could use just a touch more carbonation, and it's just starting to get warm in the house, so I'm going to let it go another week - but wow!

I guess this is one of those things that no matter how much you read about it on here - it really does teach you something to taste a batch throughout the whole process and see how it matures. I went from thinking this kit was a mistake to wanting to brew it again, but better!

Amazing what a couple of weeks will do, isn't it? I'm so glad to hear it turned out to be a beer you want to brew again.... but better! :mug:

It really is! My carbonation level is not consistent throughout all the bottles though... cracked another one to show SWMBO and it wasn't as far along as the others.

I moved it up to the top shelf of the bedroom closet, I think it will be a few degrees warmer up there. Plan is to just forget about it for a few weeks, bottle my stout in the meantime & then come back to it and put a six pack and a few bombers in the fridge for a week or so more. Hopefully it'll be awesome by then!

The key is always patience, I find the best beers are those that you forgot you had a few bottles of and you find them a few months after you have finished the rest of the batch

I'm pretty sure that I just got lucky and picked a few bottles that were somehow more carbonated. :) The whole batch isn't quite there yet, but I'm confident that when it gets there, it'll be great!

Latest posts

Back