Lancaster/Reading/Allentown PA grain group buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rob. Sorry bud, I didn't recieve any PM's from you. Not quite sure why, my box has room. Anyway, where are you coming from? Maybe there is someone closer to you who could pick your grains up for you? Saturday works best for me and I know atleast one person said the sooner the better cause of needing base grains (I'm in the same boat!). Worse comes to worse I could pick your grains up as well and just bring them to my place. If your from cetral PA somewhere, driving to my house would be saving you about 30-45 minutes on the trip to Bethlehem. Let me know how you want to handle it. Thanks!
tom

Tom,

thanks for the reply. Not sure what's going on w/ the PM's. I live near Lewisburg, PA (Bucknell University). I'm not sure where everyone else if from but maybe you're right about someone being closer and able to pick up my order?

Fleetwood (your location) would probably be about equal distance for me which isn't really a problem as long as you're ok w/ me picking up on Sunday.

Thanks,

Rob

Rob, Sunday would be fine for me. I'd probably be brewing with my share of the buy anyway! I'll try sending you a PM, let me know if you get it. Also, if there is anyone splitting any sacks, be sure to bring something for your grains. I guess a lot of guys use the homer buckets from HD. Not 100% sure, but I think one Homer bucket holds 25# of grain. I will be bringing a scale with me, but if someone else wants to bring one along just in case Murphy's law kicks in, that would be good.
Tom

Another note that Rob reminded me of, remember to bring a bottle of homebrew for the warehouse owner!
tom

Tom,
So it looks like everybody can make it between 10-2. Has there been a time decided on yet. 12-2 is better for me.

Right now the best time that works for everyone seems to be 11-12. If your a little late I can hang around and wait for you for a bit.
Tom

I just got off the phone with the warehouse and our order has been delivered. See you all on Saturday.

Tom,
Glad to hear the "gold" is at the warehouse. The 11-12 timeframe works great for me.
Thanx for putting this together! It went together quicker than I thought it might.

My son and I are looking forward to our trip to get the malt, and a side trip to Cabela's.

We will bring a beer for the warehouse guy.

Thats not a problem kkocher. Anyone who may be running a bit late tomorrow, let me know either in the thread or PM me. We should exchange cell phone numbers incase I would have to move or something like that.
tom

I missed it! Looks like it's time to set up a search for the next buy...

If you have a PM list for a future Lancaster buy, please put me on it!

Thanks again for setting up this buy, Tom. Thanks to everyone who brought some homebrew for the guys at the warehouse. With 2 6-packs and a 750ml bottle we should have no problem using the place again. Have a great weekend everyone and hopefully we'll be getting together for another buy in the very near future.

Thanks everyone for your efficiency in every part of this buy. Went extremely smoothly for me and I appreciater it. pava- I believe you messaged me about picking up your grain at my house? If so, it is here. If not, I have it here now!
tom

Actually yes, I was thinking of firing round two up in a couple weeks. If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll start a new thread.
tom

I will most likely be interested, but it will probably take me a couple of weeks to figure out what I am going to need.

I'm in for two or three sacks, along with another brewer I know. I could also put the word out at the club meeting and you'd probably get 5 or so more orders.

Hey lust, would we be able to do the same delivery deal? If so, that would make things a lot easier. Okay everyone, let me see if the prices are the same or if anything changed. Unfortunately we're going to have to go with level one prices this time as I had a heck of a time getting level two last time (don't ask me why!). I think the difference between the levels is only a couple cents, so we're still getting a heck of a deal. I personally wouldn't be able to order for about 3 weeks so I can get some cash together. Last time from the time we started the whole deal until the time everyone had their grain was roughly 3 weeks. We can start listing names and what you want now but just keep in mind the order probably won't be placed for a couple weeks. I'll start a new thread tonight sometime.
Tom

I'd probably be in. Girlfriend lives in Macungie so that won't be a problem. I'd probably be down for a sack or two depending on price.

Hey Tom, "Oldfart" here. Glad to see there is interest in another bulk purchase.
Count me in for at least 4 -5 sacks "O" grain to put an order together. A new thread might be a good idea, I'll keep my eye out for it.

I've looked around for a place with a loading dock that might allow delivery for a purchase like this, but no luck so far.

I hope your brewing has been going well. My son and I have enjoyed the brews we've made from the grain we purchased this spring.

Hey oldfart! Glad you and your son are doing well! I have an e-mail in to NCM to make sure my current price list is still good. As soon as I find that out, I will be starting a new thread. Hopefully it will be today sometime, they are usually very efficient with their e-mails.
Tom

Hey lust, would we be able to do the same delivery deal? If so, that would make things a lot easier.

Hi Tom, I think that it was Sithdad that arranged for the warehouse last year. If he can't do it again, my father-in-law has a warehouse in Allentown with a loading dock that I'm sure we could use.

Back