Mounting Tray for Bar Products Drip Tray...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuggs

Reaction score
I bought a couple of the Stainless Steel drip trays that www.barproducts.com carries (DTS-419, $14.95) and just couldn't find time to mount one to my kegerator. Finally, I broke down and picked up some 1" aluminum angle from Home Depot...and fashioned one out of that. It holds the tray out 1" from the kegerator...so that it doesn't miss the drips from the Perlicks & Stout Faucet.

I can pop the whole tray out to wash it. Don't know if I'm going to plumb it to a catch bottle. Probably not.

Sure beats putting paper towels down on the garage floor to catch drips :eek:

Look good! :rockin:

I considered fabricating a mounting bracket like that but ended up just buying a drip tray with a backsplash.

dt106.jpg

The back splash trays are really nice.

I had already put my shanks in...and I never consulted specs to see what spacing the backsplash drip trays use.

If I only knew then --- what I know now :)

Hey...3 ft of 51/6 ID drain hose. That's pretty big, eh? I guess keg connection might have a slight typo on that... :) :)

It was kinda nice to mock it up myself. I made sure that I had enough room for a tall pilsner glass under the perlick & regular beer faucets... And made sure that a Nonic would fit under the Stout Faucet. Then double checked to make sure my Pitchers fit too... I'm amazed at how much time you can kill just making a simple drip tray holder...kinda funny.

I bought a couple angle brackets as well, but I bought mine a little wider than the tray and bent the end up. Holds the tray nicely and lifts out easily. (I could just see myself with the velcro, I'd be wearing whatever was in the tray when I went to pop it off!)

Anyone seen a drip tray similar to the Plastic/Stainless Counter Top Drip Tray at the bottom of this page? I recently bought a kegerator but it came with an awful drip tray, I've seen other kegerators that have drip trays like this that come with the kegerator, but haven't been able to find anything similar I can buy separate.

http://www.kegking.com.au/drip trays.html

Back