Two Ohio Brewpubs review

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julohan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Great Lakes Brewing Company

The old pub was beautiful. The beers are excellent. My favorite is the Edmund Fitzgerald Porter, with a coffee taste to it. Another favorite was a seasonal called Rye of the Tiger IPA. They gave a tour of the brewery. It was really impressive, and huge.

Ohio Brewing Company

This brewery is located in Akron. The atmosphere was kinda plain, commercial looking. There were not many beers available. I had to drive, so I only drank two. A amber ale and a IPA. Both were very good. The owner was kind to give us a tour. He said they distribute kegs, and are currently in the process of setting up a bottling line. And are moving to expand. So it sounds like business is good.

Both of the breweries are worth visiting.

Great Lakes is so good, sooooooo good. Their seasonals never disappoint me, such as their Independence Ale that's out right now. Check out their Black Out Stout in the winter and try to get it fresh at the brewpub if you can. It's my favorite.

Back