Flying to Cali

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pantherjon

Reaction score
Well, on March 3rd I am going out to California..Wish it were purely for pleasure, am going to a dear aunts memorial service...

But, I do have some free time while out there, mainly Friday March 4th..Flying into LAX and staying at the airport Holiday Inn, any brew-pubs around that neck of the woods? Brewery tours that won't take all day to get to(although at times just going a MILE in L.A. can take all day!LOL)..Just don't want to spend all day Friday bored cooped up in a hotel room!LOL

Oh man..tons of craft brewerys within 15 miles of lax. Go to torrance, craft brew capital of la. Google torrance brewerys.

The strip in Hollywood was fun, but it seemed like the cheapest thing to do in socal was eat. They have the cheers bar set fully functional in the Hollywood Museum too. Drank with Jeff Bridges there one Sunday! Saw Gort as well. But there are some breweries within driving distance.

The two closest breweries to lax would be el Segundo and three weavers. Rock n brews is a good place to eat and they have a great selection of beers. If you want to venture out and take a 10 mile drive you can hit strands, smog city, the dudes, monkish and absolution. FYI smog city, the dudes and monkish are about within a few blocks of each other.

The two closest breweries to lax would be el Segundo and three weavers. Rock n brews is a good place to eat and they have a great selection of beers. If you want to venture out and take a 10 mile drive you can hit strands, smog city, the dudes, monkish and absolution. FYI smog city, the dudes and monkish are about within a few blocks of each other.

Add Strand to that list of a few blocks from each other.

Awesome! Thanks for the info!

Am going to ask when I land regarding this on my return flight, but, thought I would throw it out to y'all. Do you think I would get any grief if I were to take back a sixer or 2 of some beers that I like from these breweries(esp if I cant get them in Georgia)? The 'A' in ATF might have a say, but does anyone know what the limit is for me to take back with me? ALL, of course, will be for personal consumption..

A 6er or 2 won't be a big deal, hell in college I used to fly back like 10 5ths of liquor when I went on spring break to Mexico. Just remember you can't take them on the plan (ie carry on) they have to go in your luggage that is checked and put under the plane. Just roll them individually in shirts and pack in the middle of your suitcase and line with clothing on the sides and you should be fine.

Back