Other Additives.. :-D

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deific

Reaction score
Hey quick question.. i was pondering this for quite some time... and was trying to figure out how and if possible this would work... i have my own ideas but i wanted to get feedback from you guys who migh of been thinking the same thin...

seeing you can pretty much put ganja in any food by extracting the thc in butter and other ways... would it be possible to add this to beer .. maybe in a secondary... or would you have to boil it in.. iw ould think the secondary woudl be better .. but i just wanted to know if anyone experimented with this.. if not for use for own personal knowlage..

thanks much!

We just got our quota for the next three months...

Sorry to sound like an EAC. But the consensus is that if you did ass it to beer that all you would be doing is ruining that stuff and making bad tasting beer.

do a search on marijuana beer if you want to. It comes up every so often. I think the consensus is that it would be a very expensive way to ruin some good pot.

I my self have been pondering this same question.. i did a search as yooper suggested.. and came across this http://www.onr.com/user/liberty/Marijuana/MBeer/MBeer.html

it as well as mainy other sites talk about Brain Death that was made in the 80's...

i do think that this is possible... i mean if you do dry hop with the leaves instead o the actual flower hypothetically it could work... Im sure there is a way to do this and render the taste of the plant almost to zero away

Theres got to be a wa!

maybe if you wanted to make a bourbon stout or tequiza like beer. beer does not have enough alcohol in it to extract thc. boiling pot is pointless. trow some pot in a bottle of some good whiskey. add that bottle of herbshine to your brew when you are bottling. might work havent tried it. i just know thc is oil/alcohol soluble so simply dryherbing your pale ale wont work unless your pale ale 40% alcohol. seems like to much work to me, just smoke it and drink your beer for same effect. i have always pondered this as well if you get good results let me know.

So after you dry hop with it, can you dry it out again and smoke it?

A little pot in the beer and a little beer in the pot... Is this a good thing?

Yeah, THC is not soluble in beer. It's barely soluble in pure ethanol. Plus, the acidity of the beer would likely isomerize it to a less psychotropically active form.

So, as yooper said, it's a great way to waste some good pot and ruin some good beer.

I found the wiki on green dragon and under references there is a link that combines vodka , pot butter, and honey... i dont know how that would taste... i mean.. butter and vodka.. ? kinda iffy. then you sweeten with the honey...

i think if you did this with beer though.. that would be worse than just hopping the pot in general....

or ami wrong.. would butter in beer then sweetened.. taste good?

Butter in beer - probably not good, considering diacetyl is usually an off flavour.

The butter and vodka may be OK, it could come out like butterscotch shnapps but I dunno.

A simple green dragon recipe is a small bottle of lemon extract (90%+ alcohol) with about a 1/2 - 1 gram of bud in it, heated, then mixed with cola or similar. There's a link on wikipedia to that recipe under the external links section.

Personally I'd make an extract in high proof grain spirit and then add a few drops of it to each bottle at bottling time. But then if I had enough bud to throw around like that I'd probably just smoke it.

Latest posts

Back