Replacing beer line and Oetiker clamps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devils4ever

Reaction score
I want to replace the beer lines going to my picnic taps from the kegs. This is one area that I don't feel gets cleaned like the rest of the keg setup.

So, I ordered 3/16" tubing and Oetiker clamps. How hard is it to get those clamps off and put new ones on?

I have a blunt nail puller that looks exactly like the "official" tool. Therefore, I plan on using this rather than spend the extra $$$. Do I cut the old clamp off? And then, just squeeze a new one on?

Thanks.

you can use plier or what ever you want to get the claps off a small flat head screwdriver I have used, I have used tiny side cutting pliers. etc just kinda depends on how much room you have.

as far as the "tool" your blunt nail puller might work just fine I bought some pliers from harbor freight to use.

-=Jason=-

i bought an official oetiker plier made by knipex off ebay, brand new, for $7.99 including shipping. not a bad deal if you work with them often (i do..)

Here you go:

Oetiker_removal.jpg

Latest posts

Back