Is a dual body regulator needed?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikejamesnelson

Reaction score
Im kinda new to kegging and I am wondering if it is really important to have a dual body regulator, or if there is a way to get arround it. I want to be able to have differnent levels of carbonation on different kegs. any advice would be greatly appreciated !:mug:

If your gonna want different levels of carbonation in different kegs you'll need a dual regualator at least. A wheat beer you want heavily carbed...a stout...hardly any at all.

I was having the exact same debate 3 months ago. I decided to spend the extra $$$ and go for the dual body.

In retrospect I can't imagine a world without it. My setup is for 3 kegs (2 on one pressure, 1 on the other). Having 3 kegs on a time, the chances they all require the same pressure is slim to none.

+1 to going with a dual...

I actually bought the dual to start and have it mounted inside my keezer and bought a 2nd single for outside attached to the CO2 tank. My single has a WYE on it - one that runs into the keezer/dual and one for priming kegs.

Do you mean dual body regulator, or dual gauge regulator?

Dual body is great for all reasons above. Dual gauge is useless....the high pressure gauge just freaks people out.

to clarify my post...I have dual body inside the keezer and a dual gauge single body outside (so I can use the high pressure to determine when I need to refill the CO2)

No im talking dual body regulator i have this regulaor http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=56
and im thinking that i can add this one on
http://stores.kegconnection.com/Detail.bok?no=146
am i correct in thinking that i just need to move the high pressure gauge?
Also has anybody use that add on reg? Or is it a peice of crap?

Yes, you can just move the HP gauge. And the add on reg is the exact same one as you say you have....so if you like the one you have, (which I also have, and it works fine), then I don't see a reason not to add another...

Back