Dark Lord Day 2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the rules are the same as last year you are only allowed to redeem 2 tickets. I convinced my wife to go this year so she'll hopefully get to use 2 tickets as well. If you want more than that, you can wait around after the ticket sales are done and buy extra. Last year there seemed to be a fair bit left after ticket sales were done.

I believe it's limited to 2 tickets per household. Good to hear about the left over tickets last year.

Well, it's official. I'll be in Grand Rapids April 21st-23rd for a conference and will boogie down to Munster for Dark Lord Day.

This will be a total 180 week. Librarian conference and then Dark Lord Day. *chuckle*

Anyone have a price per bottle for last years release? Want to know how much cash to pack.

Anyone know how the ticket system works? Can I purchase a ticket and give it to someone else to pick up my bottles? I'd be more than happy to get my hands on one bottle, which a few people have already offered to do, but I have a few friends that would love to try this beer out.

My fiance and I will probably be goin up there this year for the first time for DLD as a bit of a "Honeymoon" (We're getting married in May, but not being ones for convention who cares if we do the honeymoon b4 the wedding? :D ) It'd be fun to talk to some fellow homebrewers. I don't have much opportunity to talk shop with anyone other than my fiance, and she feels the same way. Hope to see some of ya this April!

EDIT:
Well, it's official. I'll be in Grand Rapids April 21st-23rd for a conference and will boogie down to Munster for Dark Lord Day.

This will be a total 180 week. Librarian conference and then Dark Lord Day. *chuckle*

Anyone have a price per bottle for last years release? Want to know how much cash to pack.

Just read your post after I posted. My fiance just got her MLS this past summer and has been havin a Hell of a time finding a related job. Maybe you could give her some ideas or inspiration while we're up there. And while I'm replying to your post I would like to encourage you to check out Founders while you're up there. Definitely my favorite Michigan brewery. Bells is a close second, but Founders has a more diverse selection on tap than Bells IMO. The food is better at Founders as well. The one thing about Bells though is that it is CHEAP. I got two homemade, jumbo (12"), Oberon soaked brautwursts /w fries for $4. Beers were $3.50-$4.50. Funny considering how much I have to pay for a 6pk in the store ;)

Just read your post after I posted. My fiance just got her MLS this past summer and has been havin a Hell of a time finding a related job. Maybe you could give her some ideas or inspiration while we're up there.

Things are tough in the book business right now. Little funding for public libraries from the government and most are not hiring, if not letting employees go.

Anything that's open right now will be part time, so she'll be looking at opening doors at multiple libraries and hope that one of those will become full time in a few years.

Best of luck with the search.

From the FAQ on DarkLordDay.com

1 The event will take place on Saturday, April 24th.
2 The only way to ensure that you’ll get some Darklord is to purchase a ticket online. The proceeds from the sale of these tickets go to a local charity.
3 These tickets will go on sale on March 17th. The time of the sale is yet to be announced.

http://www.darklordday.com/faq/#3

Anyone else waiting around for these danm golden tickets to go on sale? Really starting to get sick of this.

I think they are just toying with us. I really don't like to jump through hoops for a beer.

I think they are just toying with us. I really don't like to jump through hoops for a beer.

I mean come on.... it's st. paddy's day for god's sake. They couldn't have picked another day to screw around with their loyal customers. This hold golden ticket thing is really starting to turn me off of three floyds in general.

Yeah me too. But the server kept crashing.It took 15 minutes for the order to finally go through. My guess is they had to finalize how many bottles/tickets they could sell but who knows.

I was getting fed up with it too, but it's all gone away now that I finally have 2 tickets.

I will read this tomorrow (a few KBS deep) but I got 2 tix...screw; yes screw, their website!!

Wow almost missed it, I had set up twitter (hate that thing) to send to my phone, first time ever and it didn't work. I had verified the phone etc. Luckily got in just in time. Seem to be sold out now.

I JUST MISSED IT BECAUSE I WAS F'ING WORKING!!! Been waiting for MONTHS! UNBELIEVABLE! I can't believe they sold out so quickly.

Never had it, so I don't know. It's more about the ceremony, rarity, and uncertainty than anything else. I'm trying to amass a collection of aging beers, and this one would be perfect.

It is very good (at least last year's batch was), definitely a special occasion beer. However, I don't think it's as good as the hype surrounding it. I hope to at least have it at DLD 2010.

Luckily Sweet Cobra, one of the best Midwest metal bands around are playing this year's DLD. http://www.myspace.com/sweetcobra

I fully expect to meet some of you guys and drink your beers. My buddy and I will be hauling our sharing/trading beers in my MLT.

Well, hell. Missed the tickets 'cause I was at Parent Teacher conferences.

Screw it, I don't normally like RIS anyway.

I probably hit refresh about 150 times...no lie. Finally scored 2 tickets. Looking forward to this event. Going with a buddy who told me last year's was a blast. What can be better than spring weather in Chicago and good beer?

I brewed my first lager (a maibock) back in early January. It should be ready in time for this event. I'm just hoping it's worthy to sit on a table and be critiqued by tons of guys (and gals) who probably know way more about beer than myself.

Even if you don't get a ticket, it is a fun time. Also last year after the dark lord sales to people with tickets, they still had more bottles to sell to people without tickets. They also have Dark Lord on tap, probably will have 09 vanilla bean dark lord (As the had 08 vanilla bourbon barrel dark lord last year, wonderful!)

We need to setup a meet and greet. Im out for a grain group as I have my next 6 batches lined up

as for their poor website; clicking refresh when my credit card info was in there worried me to say the least but i got my 2 tix and conformation e-mail. Do the golden tickets come in the mail?

yes they are mailed to you, after they sort out and make sure no one ordered 100 tickets or anything.

I'm all for a meet-up, we should set a place and approximate time.

There was still a huge line last year, even with the golden tickets, I stood in the line for the brew-pub instead, then after that went over and stood in line for 5 minutes to get my bottles. This year I don't know if I'll wait for hours to get into the brewpub.

got two tickets as well. I'm not really sure that i want that many bottles so i may just sell my extra ticket to someone at the fest that is in need and seems nice. I would be down for a meet and greet also.

got two tickets as well. I'm not really sure that i want that many bottles so i may just sell my extra ticket to someone at the fest that is in need and seems nice. I would be down for a meet and greet also.

That's a mighty good person of you. Most would buy as much as possible and sell the stuff they didn't want on Ebay. You can made MAD cash off them

That's a mighty good person of you. Most would buy as much as possible and sell the stuff they didn't want on Ebay. You can made MAD cash off them

I was unable to get tickets this year. I'd been following them on twitter, saw the announcement, but by the time I was home where I could order them (about an hour later), they were all sold out.

Fine, that's great. Not complaining about that.

Its just that as soon as I found out they were sold out, I immediately checked craigslist, and some dude was already trying to sell them for $250 for 2 tickets. Total BS. The posting has since been flagged for removal by someone.

Yeah, people are already throwing them up all over craigslist, even though they won't have the tickets in hand for at least a couple of weeks. Even though I was lucky enough to get a couple I'm still going to flag any that I see up on craigslist.... a lot of people who actually wanted to try DL won't be able to because of these ********. So far most of them are asking $100 for one ticket.

^ It's good but not that good. The sad part is someone will probably buy it and turn around and sell them for even more.That will be $40.00 a bottle if the price/quantity doesn't change from last year. This system is still better than standing in line for hours and not even getting a bottle or having to buy it at an inflated price from someone ahead of you.

I got my tickets. The server errors were very annoying. 3F should have made sure the transaction company was completely aware of the massive traffic they were about to encounter. Completing the transaction was very difficult, and I won't be surprised if I get billed multiple times.

Still worth it for the beer though. While it certainly is one of the most hyped beers, it's wonderful. It is so massive and flavorful. Definitely for special occasions only.

Back