Weird comments re:Rogue from local eatery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disney7

Reaction score
I recently stopped by a local restaurant for dinner, and they typically have Dead Guy on tap.

I ordered one, but when the waitress came back she brought me a 10 oz pour (usually it is a pint).

I asked her why she brought me a mini beer and she said that the keg prices on Rogue (and some other beers I understood) had gone up twice recently. Then she basically said that no-one would be willing to pay for what a pint would cost, so they started selling 10oz pours so they could keep selling it.

I don't know that I agree with that logic, but that isn't really the point.

I mostly drink my own beer, so I may be out of the loop with commercial beers. Is something going on at Rogue or in general to drive beer costs way up? Hop shortage or something?

A couple of places around here do smaller pours on higher priced beers so they keep all of there prices within a buck or two. I think it is becoming more common

I got a mini Firestone Walker Double Jack last weekend. Doesn't taste any different, so it doesn't bother me at all.

Back