Will Haier HBCN05FVS fit 3 (or 4) corney kegs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bump.
Anyone else have any ideas? I saw these at Sam's (and maybe HomeDepot) and thought it would be good for kegs. I will probably try to measure it out next time I see one. Would be nice to get a picture that is not filled with Coke cans.

It's hard to tell by the pics, but I'd bet a dollar to a donut it has a hump at the bottom.
Look at how the cans are layed down on the bottom.
I have a similar unit, from a different mfg.
I can put 2 cornys only.

I don't think it will fit what the normal kegerators does.
Here are the dimensions of what they list for the normal Haeir kegerators.

Width: 23-11/16"
Depth: 23-15/16"
Height: 33-1/4"

The normal Haier kegerators will fit 3 x 5-gallon cornys, and if you are willing to drill a hole to run the CO2 outside, you can actually (uncomfortably) fit a 3-gallon corny on the hump as well. I own a Chinese knock-off of the Haier and modded mine for 3 taps. I was considering 4 in a T-tower but decided against it.

I haven't seen these before, though.

Looking at the picture it has 6 cans going across. A soda can is 2.5" so the inner dimensions are at least 15" wide but most likely not 17.5" (enough for 7 cans). The unit can hold 150 cans. Looks like 5 rows of cans so would be 30 cans per row (6x5). Very possible that it doesn't have a hump.

Did you ever find out of there is a hump?

I'm looking for a fermentation fridge... so I need one that can fit a carboy. Very hard to find!

I saw this fridge today at Sam's and it got me thinking as well... sorry to say that I didn't have any measuring tape with me.

Yes, it does have a hump in the back, but it seemed smaller/narrower than a lot of other fridges' humps. I even think it was too small for a 5lb CO2 tank to fit on it without tipping off. Its back wall was a panel that had cooling lines running all over it, similar in appearance to the back wall of the Danby DAR440bl (check it out here). It had a much smaller light fixture than the Danby, and a little more forward-oriented too.

Just estimating, I really think it can work as a kegerator, but it got me wondering - are there fridges out there that are just impossible to make into kegerators? Meaning their cooling lines, or wiring, or whatever the hell else are so complicated that it would be impossible to make it work?

I'm thinking I'm gonna buy of these, give it the ol' test for cooling lines on the top of the fridge, and then assess from there. I've heard bad things about Haier fridges, but damn this one would be pretty cool with that glass door. Don't hold your breath for my response though... I'm currently moving, so this may take a few weeks.

I got back to Sam's to measure this puppy and it unfortunately will not work for 2 kegs. Definitely 1, though. I went with some cardboard footprints of cornies and a measuring tape.

Internally it's about 11 inches deep to the compressor hump, and about 27 inches tall, but only about 16 inches wide. There's no way to wedge two kegs in there, even staggered. The front keg sticks out at least a couple inches.

Such a bummer because that clear door would looked freakin sweet for a kegerator.

The Haier kegerators, which are much bigger, will fit 3x 5-gallon cornies in there with room on the compressor hump for a 5# CO2 tank. I have a Chinese knockoff that, if you drill out a hole and run the CO2 tank outside, you can potentially fit 3x5 gallon and 1x3 gallon corny on the hump...but it would be a tight squeeze with all the tubing and whatnot included.

bringing this from the dead.

Anyone actually use this unit?

It's $149 at my local sams one 5gal corny fits very well and if you shaved the inner panels I believe you could wedge two in there along with a 3 gal on the hump.... very least you could get two in there...

anyone want the pics?

Back