Atlanta Area Homebrew Clubs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
I'm thinking about joining up an Atlanta Homebrew Club -- anyone know anything about them? ...like which is the best? lol
:mug:

The Insert Name Here Brew Club has many of the local HBT members. No really all that formal of a club, but we do have brwe days and other gatherings. I am a proud member.

Ed

Insert Name Here Brew Club - Check out INHBC.org - We are based mainly out of HBT members... still a new start up largely unorganized and we (I am a member) have occasional meetings/brewdays in the Marietta/Acworth area. We have discussed getting more organized in the future, FWIW.

Covert Hops - Check out CovertHops.com they are a bit more organized and I have been to one of their meetings in Decatur and it was a good time, just way too long of a drive for me.

Chicken City Ale Raisers - Check out ccarhomebrewclub.com they are a fairly organized club... they win everything all the time.. they probably win more competitions than any GA club. I believe they are based out of the Gainesville area, but that is about all I can tell you.

I would suggest you attend a few meeting and see where you fit in the best and have the most fun. I am sure all of these clubs are full of great guys! You are certainly welcome at that INHBC meetings for sure!!!

Awesome info guys -- anyone know much about the BrewMasters of Alpharetta?

And is the name a work in progress or is that the actual name of the club? haha

The name started as a work in progress... then it just sorta stuck.

I am not familiar with the Brewmasters of Alpharetta actually, I didn't even know it was a club... I thought it was just the name of the competition, but I appear to be wrong.

Gauging from the pics I'm seeing...it looks like INHBC is the youngest by a good margin.

Oh yeah, we've only been around for a matter of months. There were so many of us in the north ATL area and on HBT, it was really only a matter of time before we formed.

We have several members that are entering the BMO open so it seems like we are at least showing some interested in being a "competition oriented" homebrew club. But, I dunno how long it would be before we even considered hosting a competition.

Count me in. Do I need to do anything before listing INHBC as the club for the Brewmaster's Open?

What do I need to do to sign up? (I'm assuming you guys are taking in more members :p )

You ATL guys should check out Monday Night Brewery. They are 3 home brewers that are in the process of going pro sometime next year. They brew every Monday night except when they can't (tonight for example).

I follow them on twitter and they are very knowledgeable, funny and eager to share in the beer culture of Atlanta.

Go to one of their brewouts and let me know what you think.

http://mondaynightbrewery.com/

Count me in. Do I need to do anything before listing INHBC as the club for the Brewmaster's Open?

What do I need to do to sign up? (I'm assuming you guys are taking in more members :p )

Just head over to INHBC.org and register for the forums to keep up to date with all of our fun stuff. As far as entering under our name, go ahead and put us down as your club on your Competition Entry Form. It will be nice to have a bunch of entries... I think we're up to at least 5 or 6... maybe?

Just head over to INHBC.org and register for the forums to keep up to date with all of our fun stuff. As far as entering under our name, go ahead and put us down as your club on your Competition Entry Form. It will be nice to have a bunch of entries... I think we're up to at least 5 or 6... maybe?

Will do -- I'm entering three -- a Chocolate Hazelnut Robust Porter, a Blonde Ale, and a Blueberry Beer. I don't think any will place -- they've been sitting in kegs for a while now...but I'd like to get some feedback. Regardless, it'll help get INHBC's insertion count up.

You can only enter one beer per category, right?

You ATL guys should check out Monday Night Brewery. They are 3 home brewers that are in the process of going pro sometime next year. They brew every Monday night except when they can't (tonight for example).

I follow them on twitter and they are very knowledgeable, funny and eager to share in the beer culture of Atlanta.

Go to one of their brewouts and let me know what you think.

Monday Night Brewery | Bringing great craft beer to Atlanta, Georgia:

Thanks for the heads up OllllllO I emailed them to see if we could get in on their next one. I'll be sure someone brings cameras or notebooks or both.

I don't think it matters how many you enter honestly... I could be mistaken but I didn't see anything alluding to that (BrewMaster's Open: Entry Details)

BrewMaster's Open: Information

Paragraph 4 is where I got that...but maybe it's worth a try, regardless?

The reason I ask is because I'd like to try a couple different versions of my Robust Porter to enter. I haven't added the Hazelnut extract quite yet, so I'd like to enter it as a Chocolate Porter, Chocolate Hazelnut Porter, and Chocolate Vanilla Porter -- all versions I've tried and liked.

Hm... well the Robust Porter would already be in a different category because it wouldn't be a Spice/Fruit/Vegetable beer. So, one could be category 21A and the other could be category 12B (Robust Porter).

So, you could easily get 2 in... I would choose which I liked better of the Chocolate Hazelnut and Vanilla and enter it; you might be able to get someone to enter another for you or something, I dunno.

Hm... well the Robust Porter would already be in a different category because it wouldn't be a Spice/Fruit/Vegetable beer. So, one could be category 21A and the other could be category 12B (Robust Porter).

So, you could easily get 2 in... I would choose which I liked better of the Chocolate Hazelnut and Vanilla and enter it; you might be able to get someone to enter another for you or something, I dunno.

Does it matter that I dropped a couple pounds of Hershey's chocolate into the end of the boil? lol

Someone in the forum last week said if they can taste anything in it out of style, they'll toss that sucker.

It will be considered a flaw in the 12B category and will probably be dinged if it is noticeable enough to the judges.

It will be considered a flaw in the 12B category and will probably be dinged if it is noticeable enough to the judges.
:drunk: I'm glad you confirmed that before I wasted the $7, haha

You cleaned up the Peach State Competition -- how many beers are you entering for the Brewmasters Open?

Probably 2.. A Kolsch and the Brown Porter again, even though it is a little overcarbed... it still did pretty well in the PeachState

Hey guys,
How do I join? I tried to join the group on HBT, but have still not gotten a reply or accepted. I also keep trying to join the site, but get an "security error", it says I am coming from a broken link. I have tried to join from a mac and an xp macine, as well as from safari, firefox and the dreaded IE ... on both machines ... still nothing.

How can I join?

Back