Skull Splitter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blowmax10

Reaction score
I'm thinking about making this my next batch of brew

skullsplittermedbq4.jpg

SkullSplitter is a Scottish robust ale with a distinctive flavor (8.5% ABV). It is named for Thorfinn Hausakluif (SkullSplitter), the Seventh Viking Earl of Orkney.

SkullSplitter has been described as "Satiny smooth in the mouth, deceptively light, and dangerously drinkable."

Source: Legends, Ltd. - SkullSplitter

Recipe: Hopville

What do you guys think??

i just found some at my local liquor store - i can't wait for it to get cold to try

I remember the first time I had this. We had just moved into a lake house rental off my mom's boss after we graduated College (yeah we sound rich!, Did I mention it was my mom's boss and I've known him very well since I was 5, so no still poor) and everyone was still there including very non-drinking grandparents. I decided to have a skull splitter I picked up to try. Sat on the floor of the living room just BSin with everyone and drank it down. Thought, THat was good, I'll have another, Stood up, fell back down and thought, maybe after the grandparents leave :)
Anyway, good beer, let us know how your clone turns out.

Back