?? about freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DtxB Brewery

Reaction score
I have a freezer that I have been using with a Ranco temp controler. Last night the freezer started throwing the breakers on my GFCI circuits. I tried to plug it in with and without the Ranco and in different outlets and it does the same thing. Is the freezer still useable or should I replace it, it was free.

mine did that for two days, then stopped. I guessed maybe I had some rain come in the garage window or something, but it's never happened again.

Next month I plan on installing some dedicated non-gfi appliance circuits (it does meet code if you run single outlets to appliance locations that way).

if Condensation finally makes it out of the freezer box and into the wiring of your freezer it will pop those little GFI breakers in a heart beat. Let everything sit at room temp for a day or 2 and see how it comes out.

Back