One more bottling question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

machowsk

Reaction score
It's time to bottle my first batch tomorrow. I'm curious, doesn anyone have any thoughts as to why I should prefer bottling in 12oz bottles vs 20oz bottles? Is it just a matter of personal preference or is there a good reason to use one over the other?

Thanks in adavance and wish me luck ;)

i usually do both... the only problem i have with bottling an entire batch with 20 oz. is that i start drinking mine about 3 days after bottling. i usually drink a bottle every other day, which is kind of a waste with 20 oz. bottles. (by the time the beer is fully conditioned, i usually have drunk about 12.)

i usually try to bottle at least a six pack of 12 oz. for 'testing' which include a few clear bottles for my viewing pleasure

Large bottles are better because I don't have to clean and sanitize so many of them. :)
But small bottles are better because I can sanitize them all in the dishwasher. :)
But kegs are best. It's like only having to prepare one big bottle. :D

-a.

Back