Brutus 10 Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harley03

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Well I am also in the process of building a system similar to Lonnie's and have a question regarding the love temperature probe on the mash tun and HLT
I see the mash tun goes into the t-fitting but I am not sure on how far or how it is sealed?
Also, does the HLT probe just hang over the side?
If anybody could help me out that would be great, I reviewed the plans in BYO again and whats on his website but still a little fuzzy. Apparently I do not have all the information I need.

Additionally,
Congrats Lonnie on your system and your BYO article!:mug:

Hey Harley!

So here is the deal with the Tee... I get alot of email over this thing, I should take it back apart and snap some good pics!

It is really nothing more than a SS Tee fitting, two 1/2 MPT gardenhose adapters, a QD from Lowes and one of these short thermowells from Morebeer, except these now come with a heat guard. Cool...

http://morebeer.com/view_product/16673/

gadget1.jpg

Maybe you can see it better...

The other thermowells are also from Morebeer:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/16672/

I removed the carboy stopper and made a high-temp silicone grommet to hold them from falling through the oversized hole I drilled in my lids.

Here...

thermo1.jpg

and here...

thermo2.jpg

Hope this helps!

Lonnie,

What an explanation that is great!! That is exactly what I was looking for. I really appreciate the info and hopefully when I get this system completed I will post some pictures.
I really like how simple the system is and ease of use. That’s why I decided to go this route over other designs I have been debating about the last several months.
:mug:

Back