first brew...KEGGED!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coyote

Reaction score
woohooo!

got my first brew kegged today (a B3 nut brown ale kit). kicked the CO2 up to 30 psi and will have it chilling in awhile (defrosting the freezer, in anticipation of installing the Johnson Controller).

not sure WHY, but I couldn't maintain a siphon with my racking tube, but then hooked up the CO2 and finished pushing it from secondary.

next up, a Belgian Strong Ale from a recipe. after that, a variation of same pitched on that yeast cake.

I'm FINALLY on my way!

Good news! I am planning on putting a kegging system together. Soon, I can taste it already.....

thanks, Guys.

Heertsy, I already had half the stuff, so it made it a BIT easier.

davidr2340 said:
Nothing better than kegging from the get go bro!!!
:mug:

david, when I was first reading up on this hobby, that was the one thing (bottling sucks) that EVERYONE agreed with.

coyote said:
david, when I was first reading up on this hobby, that was the one thing (bottling sucks) that EVERYONE agreed with.
Same here!!! I've never bottled once!!! :ban:
Although... It would be kind of nice to have some bottle around to hand out... :confused:

:mug:

I might end up bottling some of my planned bigger ales for aging purposes (don't want to tie up a Corny for TOOOOO long, LOL!)

I started kegging about the 4th brew on, however, I do notice a difference between bottling and kegging. I think the bottling brews taste better for some reason. The carbonation has a different feel as well.

well, I tapped my first brew today.

I like it, wife doesn't ("too molassas-y", but she like Coors Light, so whatta ya going to do?)

I was afraid it would be too foamy, but that wasn't the case.

appreciate all the help!

Back