re-carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grrtt78

Reaction score
I had a batch that didnt carb all the way and i knew it wouldnt bc i only used a little under a half cup of dextrose. I took a six pack, opened them, poured in some dextrose (just kinda guessed) and they carbed up nicely. I want to do the rest this way however when i poured in the dextrose on the sixer i did they overflowed quite quickly and it was quite messy and hard. If i chill them down do you think the yeast will cease until i warm them and they wont gush when i pour in the dexrose?

The yeast isn't making them gush. It's adding the sugar that is releasing CO2.
I'd Pour thrm all into a bottling bucket, degas if reqire, reprime the bottle again.

If doing it your way thren chilling will help keep some of the CO2 in solution.

hth.

do u think something like carb tabs would stop this is slow it down a little?

grrtt78 said:
do u think something like carb tabs would stop this is slow it down a little?
Yes! Check out the Mentos/Diet Coke trick (Google it). Carb tabs will create fewer "nucleation sites" and should reduce the foaming by quite a bit.

if i do vent them how long will it take and can i do this without getting alot of oxygen in my beers?

Back